Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney, Contested Estates
Make sure that you’ve planned for the future and the adequate provision for those you care about by having a Will regarding the disposal of your assets.
The last thing you want is for your family to quibble over who gets what when you’ve passed away. Yes, thinking about death is morbid, but if you haven’t put your Will into words, the quarrels will most likely overshadow the legacy you leave behind.
If you have young children, stipulating who you wish to be their legal Guardians is an added certainty for your peace of mind.
You should ensure that your Trustees have the necessary powers and access to use funds from your estate to provide for your children or other beneficiaries. If you are a Director of a company or Trustee, you need clauses to ensure that your Trustees can step into your shoes.
Why wait in limbo? Come in and speak with our staff to address any questions you might have and finalise your Will.
Give us a call or drop us an email to find out more.
Will and Estate Lawyer Berwick
Malkin Lawyers Handle Will and Estate Issues in Berwick
Malkin Lawyers offers a broad range of legal services for our clients including divorce, family law, contracts, business law and more, but one of our most important areas is working as a will and estate lawyer in Berwick. Taking the time to plan now by preparing a will is the best way to ensure that your wishes are followed and adequate provisions for those you care about are put in place. Come and speak with our professional and friendly staff to address any questions you might have and finalise your will.
Benefits of Malkin Lawyers as a Berwick Will and Estate Lawyer
Nobody likes to think about the inevitable and the need for having a valid will in place. We understand that it is a morbid topic to discuss, and when you come to us for will planning, we handle the issue with professionalism and empathy it deserves. The benefits of having a will in place go far beyond the disbarment of your estate to those you leave behind. Here are a few of the many benefits of coming to us to draft your will:
● If you have children or other dependents, your will can include stipulations dealing with who you want to be their legal guardian when you have passed away. Knowing that the people you are counting on to take care of your children in the worst-case scenario offers a great deal of peace of mind.
● Ensuring that your minor children have access and can benefit from their inheritance as they age into adulthood can be handled in your will with a trust. Make sure to assign an honest trustee to oversee any trusts in your will.
● Small business owners often have business assets and the operation of their business to consider in their will. Our friendly and professional staff can deal with the most complex wills and estates to assist you in drafting a will that will follow your dictates.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding an Estate Lawyer in Berwick
Because death is so uncomfortable to talk about for many people, the most common of mistakes when dealing with wills and estates is to ignore the issue until it is too late. One of the biggest causes of strife in a family can come from dealing with a death and contested estate. People in grief can let their emotions take control and turn a disagreement over a memento of the departed into a family schism. Even though death is uncomfortable to talk about, it is better than letting your legacy lead to fighting. A few other mistakes include:
● For those with simple estates, a do it yourself will might be suitable to deal with the inevitable. However, even those who think their estate will be simple can be mistaken. Working with a team like ours, with the knowledge and understanding needed to ensure your wishes are carried out will serve you well.
● Some lawyers start charging from the moment they say hello. We provide the first half-hour of our consultation for free to help answer any questions and concerns you might have.
● Make sure to choose an executor you can trust to oversee your will. The wrong executor can cause as many issues as having no will at all.
What Customers Stand to Gain When They Hire Malkin Lawyers as Their Berwick estate lawyer
When you hire us as your will lawyer in Berwick, you will gain peace of mind knowing that your wishes have been recorded and will be carried out when the time comes. Dealing with issues around death can be a complicated process for many people to consider, but getting your will done now can let you focus on the life you are living while not worrying about the potential issues when there is no will in place. We are here to help you set your affairs in order as a Berwick will lawyer, so contact us today to learn more about the process and let us address any questions you might have.
Malkin Lawyers is a progressive boutique law firm located in Melbourne's South Eastern Suburb of Berwick, Victoria. Established in 2007 we have been servicing the legal needs of both individuals and business in the local community, statewide and nationally.
De Facto Relationships – are you in one without knowing it?
August 5, 2017
August 10, 2020
What happens if I die without a Will?
February 25, 2018
Stay in touch
+61 (03) 9768 9658
+61 (03) 9768 9659
Suite 3, 28-32 Gloucester Avenue Berwick. Victoria. 3806